Developer Services and Toolkit – SMS Gateway API
The TextAnywhere Developer Toolkit provides developers with the ability to integrate an automated text-messaging capability in to existing applications and websites, and to build new applications that incorporate text-messaging functionality with an easy-to-use SMS gateway API.
With the SMS Gateway API toolkit you can achieve the following:
- » Send SMS text messages
- » Receive replies to your sent messages
- » Receive inbound text messages to your own short code or long number
- » Query the delivery status of each sent message
- » Set the Originator field to any alphanumeric string
- » Send and receive reverse-billed messages, in addition to free-to-receive messages
And because we’re fanatical about helping you, we will provide you with unlimited free technical support. You can find detailed, free information on sending messages, and pick up code samples from our Developer
The Developer Toolkit is based around a fully documented set of services that each support the automated sending and receiving of SMS text messages:
- » Web Service: invoked through SOAP calls or the .NET Framework
- » HTTP Receiver: use HTTP(S) POST and GET functions
- » SMTP Service: send text messages as emails
The Web Service is invoked through SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) or .NET Framework calls from within your application or website environment. SOAP is supported on virtually every application development, website development and operating system environments. These include:
- Cold Fusion
- Visual Basic
- Fox Pro
Use of the toolkit is free of charge - just pay for the messages that you send at the end of each month.
will add 20 free messages to your free-to-setup TextAnywhere account for you to test our services.
If you would like to discuss your requirements with a TextAnywhere developer, just click on the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page or call us on 0845 122 1302.
To use the Web Service, HTTP Connector or SMTP Service, simply click on "Free Trial button", complete the two-minute form and we’ll open an account by return. We can have you up and running in less than 15 minutes.